Portugal squad at the 2022 World Cup still relies on a few educated players. The Portugal National Team has officially blazoned a squad of 26 players that will be brought to the 2022 World Cup. The Portugal National Team list is still filled with a series of stars similar as Cristiano Ronaldo, Bernardo Silva, Bruno Fernandes, to the old protector Pepe.
For Ronaldo, this will be the fifth chance to appear at the 2022 World Cup. In fact, the 2022 World Cup will probably be the Manchester United star’s last cotillion in the arena of football’s most prestigious event.
Ronaldo actually appears lower agitated at club position. still, he remains irreplaceable in the eyes of the Portugal National Team trainer, Fernando Santos. also, during this time Ronaldo lined up as captain of the Portuguese National Team. Fernando Santos will probably still reduce CR7 as a starter.
Still, in the attacking and sect positions, there are players who can catch a place in the starting XI from him in the Portugal National Team main squad. Joao Felix and Andre Silva are leading the way to disrupt Ronaldo’s position.
Pepe is the oldest player in the Portugal National Team squad for the 2022 World Cup, aged 39. The youthful player in the squad is Benfica wonderkid, Antonio Silva.
Sure Can Win
Santos is veritably confident with the choices he has made. In fact, he openly believes his platoon has a great chance of winning the 2022 World Cup.
The trainer also didn’t want to explain behind the opinions he took, regarding the players who were named or not.
” I am not going to say why I took one player and not another. I’ve to make a choice, that is all,” said Santos, as reported by The Sun.
” I suppose these 26 players can win the World Cup,” he continued.
Portugal squad list for 2022 World Cup
View this post on Instagram
- Diogo Costa (FC Porto)
- Jose Sa (Wolverhampton Wanderers FC)
- Rui Patricio (AS Roma)
- Diogo Dalot (Manchester United)
- Joao Cancelo (Manchester City)
- Danilo Pereira (Paris St Germain)
- Pepe (FC Porto)
- Ruben Dias (Manchester City)
- Antonio Silva (SL Benfica)
- Nuno Mendes (Paris St Germain)
- Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund)
- Joao Palhinha (Fulham FC)
- Ruben Neves (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Bernardo Silva (Manchester City)
- Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
- Joao Mario (SL Benfica)
- Matheus Nunes (Wolverhampton Wanderers FC)
- Vitinha (Paris St Germain)
- William Carvalho (Real Betis)
- Otavio (FC Porto)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
- Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid)
- Rafael Leao (AC Milan)
- Ricardo Horta (SC Braga)
- Goncalo Ramos (FC Benfica)
- Andre Silva (RB Leipzig)